Why Portugal ?
Your Tax benefits
Portugal has decided to adopt an attractive tax policy for new residents, including retired.
Device exempting taxes on retirement pensions :
Pursuant to Decree No. 249-2009 to Circular No. 9-2012, Portugal gives new residents the status of Resident Non Usual. This status allows such a total exemption from tax on your pension for 10 years.
Obtaining the status of Habitual Resident Non requires only two conditions :
- Reside in Portugal at least 183 days / year
- Not have been tax resident in Portugal over the last 5 years
Golden Device Visa
For citizens outside the EU and Schengen Européene wishing to benefit from a "residence permit" including facilitating travel and trade in Europe.
The Golden Visa is issued in one of three assumptions :
- Acquisition of property worth of mimimum 500 000 euros (under certain conditions)
- Transfer of 1 million euro capital (under certain conditions)
- Creation and maintenance of a certain number of jobs
Why live in Portugal
- Sun all year
- A warm and hospitable people
- One of the safest countries in Europe
- Recreation (beaches, golf courses ...) and gastronomy
Geographical and cultural proximity
- At the heart of the European Union
- Sun all year
- Frequently cheap air links
- Easy adaptation to lifestyle
Attractiveness and investment security
- Cyclical real estate opportunities
- Favorable tax regime
- Security in the Euro zone
- Secure legal framework
Tax benefit: boost your purchasing power
- Exemption from taxation on pensions for 10 years
- Other tax provisions (Golden Visa ...)
- Increase your standard of living